BOX TOPS FOR EDUCATION
Look for the pink Box Tops on hundreds of your favorite participating products. Each is worth 10¢ for CFE.
Link your Amazon account to AmazonSmile. Amazon will donate 0.5% of eligible purchases to CFES.
GIANT A+ REWARDS
Register your BonusCard to earn money for CFES every time you buy groceries
Download the app and choose Chadds Ford Elementary to start earning money for CFES
Donate to the PTO and/or sign up to volunteer today.
Welcome to the CFES PTO
Your Chadds Ford Elementary PTO would like to welcome all students and families to the 2019 - 2020 school year! We are excited to begin another successful year for our school and PTO. Participation in PTO activities builds community and helps benefit our school and students; there are numerous opportunities to get involved. Please also consider donating to our Booster Drive (fill in the "Give Us A Boost" flyer and return to school via Backpack Express or to the office during Sneak-a-Peek, which is August 22, 2019). Funds raised through this drive, the Art Show, and other fundraisers go directly to our children to fund technology projects, teacher grants, assemblies, books, family fun night and much more!
IMPORTANT UPCOMING DATES - Please look for more information to come home with your child.
• Wednesday, October 16 – PICTURE DAY
• October 21 to 25 – BOOK FAIR
The Arctic Adventure Book Fair is coming to CFE the week of October 21! Information will be coming home soon regarding your class’s specific shopping time. Once again, we will be holding our COIN Challenge and Poster Contest. Continue checking eNews for more updates! If you have any questions, please reach out to Kara Hyman.
• Friday, October 25 – BUDDY BREAKFAST
Come join us for a long time favorite CFE event, Buddy Breakfast. Invite a special adult to join you and meet us in the school gymnasium on Friday, October 25, from 8:15 a.m. to 9 a.m. for donuts, fruit, yogurt, milk, juice and coffee. PM Kindergarten students are welcome to attend.
The Chadds Ford PTO is sponsoring this event for all families at no cost. However, in order to appropriately purchase supplies, we ask that you RSVP no later than Monday, October 21.
Space is limited -- One adult per sibling group please. Students may not be dropped off for the event.
We also need volunteers to help with this event. Please sign up here.
We look forward to seeing you!
• Thursday, October 31 – HALLOWEEN PARADE
SAVE THE DATE:
• March 20 and 21 - ART SHOW
This is the primary fundraiser for our school. Please do not miss this event; plan to volunteer to help!
• Mitchell Elementary School Drive – Wow! Thank you, Chadds Ford Elementary school community, for your extraordinary generosity! Together, we collected over 450 toothbrushes, 200 tubes of toothpaste, 45 book bags, and numerous hygiene items (soap, deodorant, etc.) to be delivered to students in need at Mitchell Elementary. Many thanks to Sara Krausz, Lisa Yackel and Christina Campanella for their assistance in coordination!
When the items are delivered, CFE will also be sharing a work of art with Mitchell. Our very own Susan Smith and Silke Hansen created a beautiful canvas with the Chadds Ford Charger and the Mitchell Mustang. The Charger is filled with our elementary students’ fingerprints and the Mitchell students will add on their fingerprints to their mascot to symbolize the schools coming together!
• Volunteer Clearances – Please make sure that your clearances are up-to-date, as they are required to volunteer at most school events. For additional information please visit: https://www.ucfsd.org/about/volunteer.
We want to thank all of our volunteers, teachers, staff, and administration for all that they do to support the continued success of our PTO. We would love to have your help volunteering, as well as your support of our booster campaign and events. These profits directly benefit all of our CFE children – let's work together to make it a great year for all of them! Thank you so much. Feel free to contact us with any questions.