PTO BOOSTER Electronic payments to the PTO through Venmo. Use CFESPTOT@gmail.com to look us up. Also use this email address with any questions. Please notate in the memo your family/child’s name and “PTO Boosters”
Your Chadds Ford Elementary PTO would like to welcome all students and families to the 2019 - 2020 school year! We are excited to begin another successful year for our school and PTO. Participation in PTO activities builds community and helps benefit our school and students; there are numerous opportunities to get involved. Please also consider donating to our Booster Drive (fill in the "Give Us A Boost" flyer and return to school via Backpack Express or to the office during Sneak-a-Peek, which is August 22, 2019). Funds raised through this drive, the Art Show, and other fundraisers go directly to our children to fund technology projects, teacher grants, assemblies, books, family fun night and much more!
IMPORTANT UPCOMING DATES - Please look for more information to come home with your child.
Friday, February 21 – Family Fun Night
Friday, March 20 and Saturday, March 21 – Art Show This is the primary fundraiser for our school. Plan to volunteer to help!
GRAB A BITE OR SHOP AT THE FOLLOWING PLACES TO SUPPORT THE PTO. As the events approach, please check eNews and your child’s folder for more information.
• Wednesday, March 11, 2020 – P.J. Whelihan’s Pub + Restaurant from 5 p.m. to 9 p.m
• Monday, March 30 to Sunday, April 5 – Five Below at Concordville Town Centre
• Thursday, April 2 and Friday, April 3 – Sweet Frog
• Monday, May 11, 2020 – Chick-fil-A
• Coin Challenge - The Coin Challenge was a huge success and we met our goal of $2,000. We were able to purchase many great books for CFE and Mitchell Elementary. Congratulations to Mrs. Hughes’s class, the winner of the pizza party!
• Mitchell Elementary School Drive – Wow! Thank you, Chadds Ford Elementary school community, for your extraordinary generosity! Together, we collected over 450 toothbrushes, 200 tubes of toothpaste, 45 book bags, and numerous hygiene items (soap, deodorant, etc.) to be delivered to students in need at Mitchell Elementary. Many thanks to Sara Krausz, Lisa Yackel and Christina Campanella for their assistance in coordination!
When the items are delivered, CFE will also be sharing a work of art with Mitchell. Our very own Susan Smith and Silke Hansen created a beautiful canvas with the Chadds Ford Charger and the Mitchell Mustang. The Charger is filled with our elementary students’ fingerprints and the Mitchell students will add on their fingerprints to their mascot to symbolize the schools coming together!
• Volunteer Clearances – Please make sure that your clearances are up-to-date, as they are required to volunteer at most school events. For additional information please visit: https://www.ucfsd.org/about/volunteer.
We want to thank all of our volunteers, teachers, staff, and administration for all that they do to support the continued success of our PTO. We would love to have your help volunteering, as well as your support of our booster campaign and events. These profits directly benefit all of our CFE children – let's work together to make it a great year for all of them! Thank you so much. Feel free to contact us with any questions.
UCFSD Schools Closed
All UCFSD school buildings and campuses will remain closed throughout the remainder of the 2019-20 school year, following Governor Wolf's announcement on April 9, 2020, closing all K-12 Pennsylvania schools in an effort to protect the health and safety of students and communities during the COVID-19 pandemic.
Spring break will continue as planned (April 6th through April 13th). April 14th will be an in-service day for teachers - this will be a day off for students. Students will return to distance learning on April 15th.