Welcome To Our District
Welcome to the Unionville-Chadds Ford School District! If your family has recently moved to our area or your child is transferring schools, the Central District Office offers everything you need to successfully enroll your child in any of our schools.
Enrollment is now OPEN for the 2021-2022 School Year!
If you require translation assistance, please CLICK HERE for more information
- Steps for Enrollment
- Residency and Homeless Information
- Helpful Links
- Enrollment Policy
- Enrollment FAQ
Steps for Enrollment
STEP 1: NEW ENROLLMENT PORTAL
Go to our NEW Enrollment Portal to submit pre-registration information. This must be done for EACH child you are registering. Be sure to select the correct school year - CURRENT (20-21) or UPCOMING (21-22)
You will receive a confirmation email stating that we received your initial information.
STEP 2: CREATE UCF PARENT PORTAL ACCOUNT
You will receive another email once your pre-registration is approved by our Registrar. This email will contain instructions for setting up your UCF Parent Portal Account.
If you already have a UCF Parent Portal Account: You DO NOT need to create another account. Simply attach your new student to your existing account using the instructions in the email.
STEP 3: SUBMIT REQUIRED FORMS
Complete and submit the required Enrollment Forms in the Parent Portal.
These forms will require you to upload residency, proof of age and immunization documentation in PDF form for your child. If you only have paper copies and do not have a scanner at home, there are several iOS and Android phone apps that allow you to take a picture of a piece of paper and turn it into a PDF.
Please see below for acceptable documentation-
1. Child’s Proof of Age - one of the following: Birth certificate, Notarized copy of birth certificate, Baptismal certificate, Copy of the record of baptism, notarized or duly certified and showing date of birth, Notarized statement from the parents/guardians or relative indicating date of birth, Valid passport, Prior school record indicating date of birth
2. Proof of Residency – Unionville-Chadds Ford School District requires at least two (2) current proofs of address that include parent/guardian name and physical address.
At least one (1) of the following: (a) Executed Property Deed, (b) Current Mortgage Statement, (c) Signed Settlement/Closing Statement, (d) Signed Current Lease Agreement, (e) Letter from Employer evidencing Employer provided housing, or (f) Signed Purchase or Construction Contract, which sets the date of occupancy no later than 120 calendar days from date of registration
AND, at least one (1) of the following: (a) Current Homeowners, Renters, or Automobile Insurance Statement, (b) Current Bank Statement, (c) Driver’s License, (d) Vehicle Registration Card, (e) Utility Activation or Billing Statements, (f) Current Credit Card Statement, or (g) Government-Issued ID
STEP 4: COMPLETE ENROLLMENT
If you are enrolling for the CURRENT school year: Once all forms are completed in the Parent Portal, your building will reach out to you to confirm a start date and to provide you with key information about your child's first day in our district!
If you are enrolling for the UPCOMING school year: Once all forms are completed in the Parent Portal, you will receive a confirmation email from our Registrar confirming your enrollment for the upcoming school year. If you are enrolling for Kindergarten, AM/PM placement letters are sent via email in June. In addition, you will receive a summer email in early August with important start of school year information.
Homeless Awareness Program
The Unionville-Chadds Ford School District Homeless Awareness Program is in place to address and support the educational needs of students who find themselves in temporary or transitional housing during the school year. The program reduces the barriers of homelessness, so students and their families feel supported and encouraged while they secure permanent housing.
What documents are required for enrollment?
Child’s Proof of Age - one of the following: Birth certificate, Notarized copy of birth certificate, Baptismal certificate, Copy of the record of baptism, notarized or duly certified and showing date of birth, Notarized statement from the parents/guardians or relative indicating date of birth, Valid passport, Prior school record indicating date of birth
- Proof of Residency - one of the following documents is required: (a)Property Deed, (b)Mortgage Statement, (c)Settlement Statement, (d)Current Lease, or (e)Letter from employer evidencing employer provided housing
AND one of the following: (a)Driver’s License, (b)Government Issued ID, (c)Vehicle Registration Card, (d)Utility Activation or Current Billing Statement, (e)Current Credit Card Statement, or (f)Property Tax Bill
- Child’s immunization record
- Completed New Student Enrollment Packet
- Completed Online Enrollment Form
In addition, the following, if applicable, should be brought to your appointment with the Registrar:
- Custody Agreement
- Special Education, Gifted or 504 Documents
- Most recent report card
- Please call our Registrar at 610-347-0970 x 3300 to make an alternative arrangements.
- New Student enrollments are processed at the UCFSD District Office, located on the right hand side of the Unionville High School at 740 Unionville Road Kennett Square, PA 19348. Please contact our Registrar if you need directions or are unsure of where to go. - Due to COVID-19, the enrollment/registrars office is currently closed. All registrations will be processed online.
- Your child must have obtained the age of five (5) years on or before September 1st to enter Kindergarten.
- No, the district has two sessions of Kindergarten
- AM Kindergarten 9:10AM-11:45AM
- PM Kindergarten 1:05PM-3:40PM
- Building principals determine placements for all students, including Kindergartners. In making AM/PM placement decisions, principals must weigh transportation efficiencies, class sizes and other factors to ensure a balanced learning environment. Families with special circumstances should provide this information to the building principal as soon as possible. Families are contacted in early July with their child’s AM or PM assignment.
- No, the district does not offer midday busing.
- Yes, UCFSD offers in-house child care for half-day Kindergarten students, as well as before/after school care for grades 1 thru 5, provided by the Kennett YMCA. These classes fill up quickly and are offered on a first come first serve basis. Registration for before and after care is done completely through the YMCA. You can contact them directly at 610-444-9622 x2320 or firstname.lastname@example.org for more information.
I am moving into the district and we have not yet completed the purchase of our home. Can I still enroll my child/ren?
- Yes. However, you will need to pay monthly tuition to the district until such time that you can provide settlement documents to our Registrar. Current tuition rates are determined by our Business Office and are subject to change.